The number and location of opportunities for teachers to teach during the summer in China varies from year to year. During the summer of 2020, most of those teachers selected to participate will be assigned to a middle or elementary situation in the Province of Zhejiang in the city of Hangzhou, Teachers will plan with a partner teacher and teach two similar groups of students. Each classroom will be provided with a translator. Students generally have some command of English.
Sessions will occur between July 6-July 24, 2020.
● Currently teaching in U.S. public or private school or currently working as full-time college/university faculty
● Letter of recommendation from supervisor or higher
● Selected new graduates who are fully qualified to begin teaching will be considered
● Ability and willingness to attend training sessions
● Professional attitude and commitment
● Two years successful teaching experience
● Lunch will be served at the school
● Teachers are on their own for about five evening meals Other dinners hosted by schools.
● Rooms are double occupancy with one bathroom
● Single rooms are available at extra cost
● Transportation will be provided for local tours
● 24-7 bilingual assistance provided by CEC throughout the program
Teachers wishing to go forward in the selection process should complete the formal application that can be found on the Chinese Education Connection website by no later than February 7, 2020 and submit it with their initial fee payment of $400. With your initial payment, please submit a separate check for $350, which will remain uncashed for teachers who fulfil the terms of their contract. If you are not selected, your checks will be returned immediately. Once you are on the Chinese Education website, got to the tab ‘For Educators.’ Hit the tab ‘short term teaching in China’ and scroll down for the application. The information sheet on the page is for Indiana teachers and has different dates. Use the information on this sheet. Hard copies of applications should be sent to the attention of Linda Lawrence and emailed copies to email@example.com.
Teachers will be notified of the status of their application by February 14th.
Chinese Education Connection LLC • 3707 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268 • 317-493-5735