Since 2009, CEC has offered teachers the opportunity to teach in China during their summer break. Educators have an amazing experience and can even receive points for their professional growth plans.
The number and location of opportunities for teachers to teach during the summer in China varies from year to year. During the summer of 2020, most of those teachers selected to participate will be assigned to a middle or elementary school in Zhejiang, Indiana’s sister state in China, Zhejiang Province. Placements also include Qingdao and Guangzhou. The focus at our two-week summer camp sessions is STEM/STEAM.
Sessions will occur between July 6-July 24, 2020. (These dates are still tentative.) Some teachers may also be asked to provide professional development training to Chinese educators. Teachers may choose to participate in trip extensions to Hangzhou, Beijing, or Shanghai. None of these extensions may be combined.
● Currently teaching in U.S. public or private school or currently working as full-time college/university faculty
● Letter of recommendation from supervisor or higher
● Selected new graduates who are fully qualified to begin teaching will be considered
● Ability and willingness to attend training sessions in Indianapolis
● Professional attitude and commitment
● Two years successful teaching experience
● Lunch will be served at the school
● Teachers are on their own for about five evening meals Other dinners hosted by schools.
● Rooms are double occupancy with one bathroom
● Single rooms are available at extra cost
● Transportation will be provided for local tours on middle weekend
● 24-7 bilingual assistance provided by CEC throughout the program
Interested teachers should attend the informational meeting. The information for the meeting is:
Saturday, September 28th, 10:00AM
Chinese Education Connection
3707 Woodview Trace
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Interested teachers, whether or not they attend an informational session, should complete a “Notice of Intent to Apply” and send a hard copy to CEC at the Indianapolis address. Deadline for this form is October 5th, 2019.
Teachers who submit the intent to apply form should plan to attend a meeting at the CEC offices in Indianapolis at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 12, 2019. This meeting is to provide detailed information about the program in order to enable potential teachers to make an informed decision regarding whether to officially apply.
Teachers wishing to go forward in the selection process should complete the formal application by no later than October 18, 2019 and submit it with their initial fee payment of $400. With your initial payment, please submit a separate check for $350, which will remain uncashed for teachers who fulfil the terms of their contract. If you are not selected, your checks will be returned immediately.
Teachers will be notified of the status of their application by November 1, 2019.
Program fee: $800 (*Price includes roundtrip airfare from Chicago O’Hare, lodging, most meals during the program, local weekend tours, and pre-departure training.)
● Program fee: $800
● Visa procurement fee: $240 (Experienced teachers may already have a valid visa. Check your passport for the Chinese visa expiration date.)
NOTE: Selected teachers who are one-year veterans of our China summer program will be charged $400 for the program fee. Selected teachers who have two or more years of experience will charged a program fee of $200. Prior experience does not guarantee participation for a second or third year.
• Initial Fee Payment $400 (Due by October 18, 2019)
• 2nd Fee payment $400 (Due by December 31, 2019)
• Visa Fee $240 (Due by February 28, 2020)
• Cancelation deposit check $350 (This amount is due with the complete application and will be returned uncashed to all teachers who fulfil the terms of their contract)
Chinese Education Connection LLC • 3707 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268 • 317-493-5735